1/1/12

365/2011 - accomplished

365-2011

I did it. 365/2011.

A part of me hoped this project would slow down time. I thought if I could remember one moment from each day, they might not flow into each other like they always seem to do. I thought it might be a way for me to feel like my life isn't moving faster than I can keep up. I learned quickly, that wasn't the case.

Although the project did not help slow down time, I am still thrilled I did it. My weird obsession with documenting my life isn't going anywhere, I know I will always feel like I am not remembering it enough or savoring it enough.

I watch others live their lives without capturing them...just living in the moment and then letting them pass by. It saddens me, yet I envy them at the same time. A balance I try to keep = always trying to remember what has happened, yet focusing on what is happening now and moving forward.

2011 was an amazing year for our family and I am so glad I decided to start the project with it. Hundreds of wonderful moments as a family, as a couple, as individuals. We took a few fabulous vacations, we went to a couple amazing concerts, we made wonderful new friends who have helped us grow, we volunteered time to the community, we had even more (and some repeat) photography clients who were awesome, and we accomplished our dream of starting a coffee shop.

As I look back at these photos, this project, this year...I am thankful. I am thankful for every single day I am here. Every day I am lucky to have. There isn't one single thing I would change. Every day I am thankful.

I will be continuing this project into 2012. Who knows how long it will last. All I know is that I love it. It has allowed me to remember what has happened, yet focus on what is happening now and move forward. Balance is good.

2012...I am ready. Bring it.

5 COMMENTS!:

pakosta January 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM  

great photos!!! the one that jumped at me was that awesome SANTA! love it!
they are all great and how awesome to look back! i think you ought to print them into a book!
xoxo
tara

Amy Carruthers January 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

I adore this SO much...SOOOOOOO much.

Cathy January 2, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

So many beautiful images! As you know, you can capture the images, but you can never capture time. It is illusive and cannot be stopped. But you have discovered one of the most important ways to redeem time...by being thankful and savoring each and every moment.
Thank you for sharing your gifts with us! ♥

Meghan January 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

Totally motivating Amber! I have started and NOT FINISHED this project a few times. Looks like 2012 is the year to do it! Fabulous images. :)

Meghan

kt January 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

This is just beautiful. I have a blog but wouldn't have a clue how to create this wondrous quilt of timeless squares. Love it

Contact Info

Amber & Rob Garrett
lookherephotography@mac.com

Blog Archive

WHO ARE WE?

- Husband & Wife photography team
- Friends since high school
- Proud parents to Phoenix (a 11 yr. old weeman)
- Born in Greenville
- Amber is 31
- Rob is 32
- Both love music
- Both love coffee
- Rob takes his black
- Amber takes lots of sugar / cream
- Rob is obsessed w/ movies
- Amber is obsessed with scrapbooking and graphic design
- Rob plays guitar & drums
- Amber likes to sing
- Rob writes screenplays
- Amber writes journals
- They both adore photography
- Telling stories through still frames
- Capturing moments forever
- Whether it is for their own family, or others




  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP